|Engineer / Architect:||George A. Frederick|
Druid Hill Park
|Year Built:||c. 1860|
|Structural Form:||park pavilion; wood|
|Historical Details:||George Frederick designed several Chinese and Moorish-style pavilions shortly after the city of Baltimore purchased Druid Hill Park. The pavillions originally served as stops for a small railroad that used to wind through the park. They are thought to be the oldest park structures in the United States.|
|Image Source(s):||Rachel Sangree|
J. Dorsey and J.D. Dilts, A Guide to Baltimore Architecture (Third Edition), Tidewater Publishers, Centreville, MD (1997), p. 298;
M.E Hayward and F.R. Shivers, Jr., the Architecture of Baltimore: An Illustrated History, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore (2004), p. 147.