Previous Random Next

Abell Building

Engineer / Architect: George A. Frederick
Location: 329-335 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD
Year Built: 1879
Structural Form: Warehouse; cast iron frame with masonry facade
Historical Details: The building is named for its original owner, Arunah Abell, who founded the Baltimore Sun newspaper.
Technical Details: N/A
Image Source(s): Rachel Sangree
References: M.E Hayward and F.R. Shivers, Jr., the Architecture of Baltimore: An Illustrated History, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore (2004), p. 202;
J. Dorsey and J.D. Dilts, A Guide to Baltimore Architecture (Third Edition), Tidewater Publishers, Centreville, MD (1997), p. 171.

Other Images