|Engineer / Architect:||Thomas Lamb (1914); Hardy Holzman Pfeiffer Ass. (2004) Murphy & Dittenhafer (2004)|
12 N. Eutaw Street
|Year Built:||1914; 2004 (renovated)|
|Structural Form:||theater; steel frame with masonry facade, adaptive reuse of neighboring buildings|
|Historical Details:||The Hippodrome was originally a Vaudeville theater, but was converted into a movie theater in 1949. It closed in 1990, but was renovated and made part of the France-Merrick Performing Arts Center in February, 2004.|
|Image Source(s):||Rachel Sangree|
National Trust for Historic Preservation, Baltimore's Restored Hippodrome Theater Debuts Tonight. Retrieved on April 19, 2005 from: Link;
M.E Hayward and F.R. Shivers, Jr., the Architecture of Baltimore: An Illustrated History, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore (2004), p. 367.