Yang was born in China. He earned a Bachelor’s degree (2008) in civil engineering at Tongji University and Master’s degree (2011) in civil engineering at Syracuse University. Now he is pursuing a doctorate in the Department of Civil Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.
Topology Optimization, Structural Optimization, Structural Dynamics, Structural Reliability, Structural Uncertainty, Steel and Reinforced Concrete Design, Numerical Analysis Methods.
M.S., Syracuse University, Syracuse, United States (2011)
B.S., Tongji University, Shanghai, China (2008)
- Mu, Z., Yang, Y., Shields, M.D., and Guest, J.K. “Topology Optimization of Linear Structural Systems under Stochastic Excitation.” Proc. of the 12th International Conference on application of statistics and probability in civil engineering, Vancouver, Canada, 2015
- Yang, Y., Moen, C., and Guest, J.K. “Three-Dimensional Force Flow Paths and Reinforcement Design in Concrete via Stress-Dependent Truss-Continuum Topology Optimization.” J. Eng. Mech., 141(1), 2014.
- Mu, Z., Yang, Y., Shields, M.D., and Guest, J.K. “Topology Optimization of Linear Structural Systems under Stochastic Excitation.” Proc. of the 2014 Engineering Mechanics Conference, Hamilton, ON, 1-9.
- Yang, Y. and Lui, E.M. “Behavior and Design of Steel I-beams with Inclined Stiffeners,” Steel and Composite Structures, 12(3), 2012, 183-206.
- Yang Y., Gaynor A.T., Moen C.D. and Guest J.K. "Optimizing Reinforcement Layout In Concrete Design Considering Constructability," Proc. of 2014 PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference, National Harbor, MD, 1-13.
- Mu, Z., Yang, Y., Gaynor, T.A. and Guest, J.K. “Considering Constructability in Structural Topology Optimization.” Proc. of 2014 Structures congress, Boston, MA, 1-13.
- Yang, Y., Gaynor, A.T., Moen, C.D. and Guest, J.K. “Computer-Generated Force Flow Paths for Concrete Design: An Alternative to Traditional Strut-and-Tie Models.” Proc. of the 2013 PCI Convention and National
- Yang Y., Zhu M., Shields M.D. and Guest J.K. “Topology Optimization of Structures under Stationary Stochastic Excitation.” 11th World Congress of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Sydney, Australia, June 2015.
- Yang Y., Gaynor A.T., Guest J.K. and Moen C.D. “Optimizing Reinforcement Layout in Concrete Design Considering Constructability.” 2014 PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference, National Harbor, MD, September 2014.
- Yang Y., and Guest J.K. “Reinforced Concrete Design Through Stress-Dependent Topology Optimization.” Modeling and Optimization: Theory and Application. Bethlehem, PA, August 2014.
- Yang Y., and Guest J.K. “Reinforced concrete design through stress-dependent topology optimization.” Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference, Hamilton, ON, August 2014.
- Yang Y. Gaynor A.T., Guest J.K. and Moen C.D. “Computer-generated force flow paths for concrete design: an alternative to traditional strut-and-tie models.” 2013 PCI Convection and National Bridge Conference, Grapevine, TX, September 2013.
- Yang Y., Gaynor A.T., Guest J.K. and Moen C.D. “Topology optimization for reinforced concrete design using bilinear truss-continuum material models.” 10th World Congress of Structural and Multidisciplinary optimization, Orlando, FL, May 2013.
- Asadpoure, A., Jalalour, M., Yang, Y. and Guest J.K. “Topology optimization of flaw tolerant structures.” GE Topology Optimization Summit, Albany, NY, August 2012.
Teaching Assistant: Advanced Structural Analysis, Fall 2012, Fall 2013
Advanced Steel Design, 2012 Spring
Finite Element Analysis and Prestressed Concrete Design, 2012 Fall
Title: PhD Candidate
Department: Civil Engineering
Email: yyang61 (at) jhu .edu
Please email Yang for his CV