The topBuck250 MATLAB code extends the new generation top99neo to problems accounting for buckling, in 2D domains.
The code provided solves the following problems:
1. Maximization of the fundamental BLF of a design, with compliance and volume constraints
2. Minimum volume design, with compliance and buckling constraints
as well as the two simpler instances already covered in the top99neo:
3. Minimum compliance design with volume constraint
4. Minimum volume design with compliance constraint
The features that allow for a computationally efficient and self-contained implementation of the procedure are:
– Fast vectorized setup of the buckling eigenvalue problem and of the sensitivity computations for buckling loads
– Use of an aggregation function, reducing several objectives/constraints to a single one
– Use of the compact OC rule “ocUpdate” , based on MMA-like approximations.
The “ocUpdate” is an extremely simplified version of the MMA, which makes the provided code a standalone program.
However, the topBuck250 can be easily coupled with the MMA Matlab routine, or other mathematical programming tools, as needed by the user.